- Microsoft Patch Tuesday, April 2021 Editionon April 13, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Microsoft today released updates to plug at least 110 security holes in its Windows operating systems and other […]
- ParkMobile Breach Exposes License Plate Data, Mobile Numbers of 21M Userson April 12, 2021 at 10:18 pm
Someone is selling account information for 21 million customers of ParkMobile, a mobile parking app that's popular in […]
- Are You One of the 533M People Who Got Facebooked?on April 6, 2021 at 6:55 pm
Ne'er-do-wells leaked personal data -- including phone numbers -- for some 553 million Facebook users this week. […]
- Ransom Gangs Emailing Victim Customers for Leverageon April 5, 2021 at 9:38 pm
Some of the top ransomware gangs are deploying a new pressure tactic to push more victim organizations into paying an […]
- Ubiquiti All But Confirms Breach Response Iniquityon April 4, 2021 at 7:22 pm
For four days this past week, Internet-of-Things giant Ubiquiti failed to respond to requests for comment on a […]
- New KrebsOnSecurity Mobile-Friendly Siteon April 1, 2021 at 8:19 pm
Dear Readers, this has been long overdue, but at last I give you a more responsive, mobile-friendly version of […]
- Whistleblower: Ubiquiti Breach “Catastrophic”on March 30, 2021 at 6:00 pm
On Jan. 11, Ubiquiti Inc. [NYSE:UI] — a major vendor of cloud-enabled Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as […]
- No, I Did Not Hack Your MS Exchange Serveron March 28, 2021 at 5:40 pm
New data suggests someone has compromised more than 21,000 Microsoft Exchange Server email systems worldwide and […]
- Phish Leads to Breach at Calif. State Controlleron March 23, 2021 at 6:01 pm
A phishing attack last week gave attackers access to email and files at the California State Controller's Office (SCO), […]
- RedTorch Formed from Ashes of Norse Corp.on March 22, 2021 at 8:36 pm
Remember Norse Corp., the company behind the interactive "pew-pew" cyber attack map shown in the image blow? Norse […]
- DNS Vulnerabilities Expose Millions of Internet-Connected Devices to Attackon April 13, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Researchers uncover a fresh set of nine vulnerabilities in four TCP/IP stacks that are widely used in everything from […]
- NSA Alerted Microsoft to New Exchange Server Vulnerabilitieson April 13, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Microsoft today patched 114 CVEs to address the Exchange Server flaws, more than 50 remote code execution […]
- Compromised Microsoft Exchange Server Used to Host Cryptomineron April 13, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Researchers say an unknown attacker is targeting vulnerable Exchange Servers with a payload hosted on a compromised […]
- Global Dwell Time Drops as Ransomware Attacks Accelerateon April 13, 2021 at 8:50 pm
The length of time attackers remain undiscovered in a target network has fallen to 24 days, researchers report, but […]
- Dark Reading to Upgrade Site Design, Performanceon April 13, 2021 at 8:00 pm
Improvements will make site content easier to navigate, faster, and more functional.
- 5 Objectives for Establishing an API-First Security Strategyon April 13, 2021 at 5:00 pm
With APIs predicted to be the most common attack vector by 2022, an API-first security strategy is critical now more […]
- Clear & Present Danger: Data Hoarding Undermines Better Securityon April 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Facebook and Google can identify patterns of attack within their own data, but smaller businesses rarely see enough […]
- Biden Nominates Former NSA Officials for Top Cybersecurity Roleson April 12, 2021 at 9:55 pm
President Biden has nominated Jen Easterly as the new director of CISA and is expected to nominate Chris Inglis as the […]
- Microsoft Warns of Malware Delivery via Google URLson April 12, 2021 at 8:10 pm
A new campaign abuses legitimate website contact forms to send URLs that ultimately deliver the IcedID banking Trojan.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Says Cyber-Risk a Top Threat to National Economyon April 12, 2021 at 7:35 pm
Jerome Powell tells 60 Minutes that cyberattacks have the potential to do major damage to US financial system.
- How the NAME:WRECK Bugs Impact Consumers, Businesseson April 13, 2021 at 9:03 pm
How this class of vulnerabilities will impact millions connected devices and potentially wreck the day of IT security […]
- COVID-Related Threats, PowerShell Attacks Lead Malware Surgeon April 13, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Researchers measured 648 new malware threats every minute during Q4 2020.
- Tax Phish Swims Past Google Workspace Email Securityon April 13, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Crooks are looking to harvest email credentials with a savvy campaign that uses the Typeform service to host the […]
- Adobe Patches Slew of Critical Security Bugs in Bridge, Photoshopon April 13, 2021 at 4:40 pm
The security bugs could open the door for arbitrary code-execution and full takeover of targeted machines.
- Chrome Zero-Day Exploit Posted on Twitteron April 13, 2021 at 1:40 pm
An update to Google’s browser that fixes the flaw is expected to be released on Tuesday.
- 1.3M Clubhouse Users’ Data Dumped in Hacker Forum for Freeon April 12, 2021 at 8:18 pm
Clubhouse denies it was ‘breached’ and says the data is out there for anyone to grab.
- Man Arrested for AWS Bomb Ploton April 12, 2021 at 8:01 pm
A man caught in an FBI sting allegedly said he wanted to destroy "70 percent of the internet" by going after the tech […]
- Zero Trust: The Mobile Dimensionon April 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Hank Schless, senior security solutions manager at Lookout, discusses how to secure remote working via mobile devices.
- IcedID Circulates Via Web Forms, Google URLson April 12, 2021 at 6:12 pm
Attackers are filling out and submitting web-based "contact us" forms, thus evading email spam filters.
- DOJ: Creep Coach Finagles Nude Athlete Photoson April 9, 2021 at 8:54 pm
Allegedly perv college coach charged with cyberstalking and extorting nudes from his female athletes.
- Update Your Chrome Browser to Patch 2 New In-the-Wild 0-Day Exploitson April 14, 2021 at 8:32 am
Google on Tuesday released a new version of Chrome web-browsing software for Windows, Mac, and Linux with patches for […]
- Simplify, then Add Lightness – Consolidating the Technology to Better Defend Ourselveson April 14, 2021 at 7:37 am
One of the biggest consequences of the rapidly evolving cybersecurity threat landscape is that defenses must constantly […]
- NSA Discovers New Vulnerabilities Affecting Microsoft Exchange Serverson April 14, 2021 at 5:19 am
In its April slate of patches, Microsoft rolled out fixes for a total of 114 security flaws, including an actively […]
- Detecting the "Next" SolarWinds-Style Cyber Attackon April 13, 2021 at 5:21 pm
The SolarWinds attack, which succeeded by utilizing the sunburst malware, shocked the cyber-security industry. This […]
- New NAME:WRECK Vulnerabilities Impact Nearly 100 Million IoT Deviceson April 13, 2021 at 12:24 pm
Security researchers have uncovered nine vulnerabilities affecting four TCP/IP stacks impacting more than 100 million […]
- Hackers Using Website's Contact Forms to Deliver IcedID Malwareon April 13, 2021 at 11:51 am
Microsoft has warned organizations of a "unique" attack campaign that abuses contact forms published on websites to […]
- BRATA Malware Poses as Android Security Scanners on Google Play Storeon April 13, 2021 at 7:19 am
A new set of malicious Android apps have been caught posing as app security scanners on the official Play Store to […]
- RCE Exploit Released for Unpatched Chrome, Opera, and Brave Browserson April 13, 2021 at 6:33 am
An Indian security researcher has publicly published a proof-of-concept (PoC) exploit code for a newly discovered flaw […]
- Hackers Tampered With APKPure Store to Distribute Malware Appson April 13, 2021 at 6:22 am
APKPure, one of the largest alternative app stores outside of the Google Play Store, was infected with malware this […]
- Windows, Ubuntu, Zoom, Safari, MS Exchange Hacked at Pwn2Own 2021on April 13, 2021 at 6:22 am
The 2021 spring edition of Pwn2Own hacking contest concluded last week on April 8 with a three-way tie between Team […]
We'd love to hear from you
Leave us a message and one of our IT Professionals will help you with simplifying your IT spend today.